NHS Southampton City (Southampton City Primary Care Trust) invites Expressions of Interest from suitably qualified and experienced providers of healthcare...
NHS Southampton City
Community ENT Service for Southampton
NHS Southampton City(Southampton City Primary Care Trust) invites Expressions of Interest from suitably qualified and experienced providers of healthcare to provide a PCT-wide community Ear Nose & Throat (ENT) triage, outpatients, treatment and audiology service.
Key aspects of the service will include:
• A multi-disciplinary, clinical practitioner-led, community based ENT triage and outpatients service for adults;
• Outpatient procedures required for patients referred to the above-mentioned ENT triage and outpatients service;
• The associated diagnostics tests required to support the service;
• The service includes a nurse-led ear cleaning service for adults; and
• Provision of the audiology hearing aid pathway for the entire PCT population, including:
o Hearing aid assessments;
o Provision of hearing aid devices;
o Fitting of hearing aids;
o Audiology follow-up appointments; and
o Hearing aid repairs.
Currently, some of these services are being provided by a number of different service providers. The aim is to procure a single, high quality intermediate service that improves the community-based care of ENT patients in Southampton, whilst ensuring that only patients who require secondary and tertiary care are referred on to secondary and tertiary providers.