NHS Southampton City
Community ENT Service for Southampton
NHS Southampton City(Southampton City Primary Care Trust) invites Expressions of Interest from suitably qualified and experienced providers of healthcare to provide a PCT-wide community Ear Nose & Throat (ENT) triage, outpatients, treatment and audiology service.
Key aspects of the service will include:
• A multi-disciplinary, clinical practitioner-led, community based ENT triage and outpatients service for adults;
• Outpatient procedures required for patients referred to the above-mentioned ENT triage and outpatients service;
• The associated diagnostics tests required to support the service;
• The service includes a nurse-led ear cleaning service for adults; and
• Provision of the audiology hearing aid pathway for the entire PCT population, including:
o Hearing aid assessments;
o Provision of hearing aid devices;
o Fitting of hearing aids;
o Audiology follow-up appointments; and
o Hearing aid repairs.
Currently, some of these services are being provided by a number of different service providers. The aim is to procure a single, high quality intermediate service that improves the community-based care of ENT patients in Southampton, whilst ensuring that only patients who require secondary and tertiary care are referred on to secondary and tertiary providers.