WINNER: The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals Foundation Trust – Newcastle Hospitals – Forces Friendly
The trust employs 39 active reservists, 41 veterans and five cadet force adult volunteers.
Reservists are given 10 days additional leave to attend annual camp and a newly-established staff network gives them a voice within the organisation.
Reservists who meet minimum standards are guaranteed a job interview and the trust has removed “NHS experience” as an essential criteria on job descriptions.
The trust ensures that both staff and managers understand what is required around deployment and spouses, partners and families can be given additional leave if they deploy.
Reservist units attend the staff benefits festival to meet other staff. The trust also benefits from the skills the armed forces bring to the organisation, including through honorary contracts.
Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust – Best Place to Work for Reservists
- East of England Ambulance Service Trust – Supporting reservist staff
- North West Ambulance Service Trust – Encouraging and valuing reservists
- South Central Ambulance Service FT – Supporting Reservists Project
- St Helens and Knowsley Teaching Hospitals Trust – Everyone Matters – Valuing our Reservists
- The Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital FT – The NHS and reservists working together to deliver outstanding care and leadership (From War to Ward)
- West Midlands Ambulance Service University FT – Two Uniforms One Job
- York Teaching Hospital FT
2019 HSJ Awards winners revealed
- Currently reading
HSJ Awards 2019: Reservist support initiative