FINANCE: The primary care trust is inviting voluntary organisations to bid for grants.
Local voluntary organisations in the Colchester and Tendring areas are being invited to seek funding from NHS North East Essex to help support projects benefiting the local population.
Grant funding totalling £87,000 in 2012-13 is being made available to organisations providing support to:
- facilitate access to services and meet gaps in service provision, especially for vulnerable groups or in areas of health inequality
- promote efficient and effective use of statutory services
- ensure that services exist that readily identify, and seek to address, changing needs
- promote community engagement and to help sustain a significant voluntary sector presence in the area.
Organisations applying for funding must be delivering, or seeking to deliver, services which meet the following criteria:
- the needs of children and young people
- managing long-term conditions and improving the quality of life
- improving health outcomes for vulnerable and marginalised groups.
Available funding is less than in previous years because most of the funding is already committed on three year agreements with local voluntary sector organisations, according to the PCT.
NHS North East Essex’s total grant funding continues at the same level as before, around £1.3m per year in total.
Maximum bid per organisation per year is £30,000. Funding can be sought for up to three years. If successful, funding will commence from April 2012.
NHS North East Essex press release (see attached, right)
5 September 2011