PERFORMANCE: Sussex Community NHS Trust has given itself an overall “red” rating for serious untoward incidents (SUIs) during April.
The trust’s latest operational performance report provides details of its key performance indicator scorecard for the first month of 2011-12, revealing six SUI incidents occurred.
The report identified the six incidents as follows:
- Two of the reported incidents relate to the identification of pressure wounds in patients;
- An incident has been reported following an allegation of suspected child abuse. The child was known to our services;
- An allegation relating to the possible poisoning of a patient by a third party, has been reported as an incident;
- An incident has been recorded following possible harm to a patient, during a patient lifting operation;
- Concerns have been identified in relation to a blood products transfusion process.
In its report, the trust said: “These matters are currently being reviewed to ensure their underlying causes are identified. Completed reports are being collated for submission to the PCT for their review.”
30 April 2011