WINNER: Wessex Academic Health Science Network – National Polypharmacy Prescribing Comparators
Polypharmacy is an ongoing challenge for the NHS, particularly affecting older people. Wessex Academic Health Science Network, on behalf of the AHSN Network, led work to develop the NHS Business Services Authority Polypharmacy Prescribing Comparators.
These help clinical commissioning groups and GP practices understand variation in prescribing of multiple medicines and enable identification of patients most exposed to the risks of polypharmacy.
The Comparators are now a nationally available data tool, and data shows that if used to full effect, they can help CCGs and GP practices to reduce the rate of polypharmacy in patients at greatest risk.
Vale of York Clinical Commissioning Group – Approach to ‘React to Red’
- Cambridge University Hospitals Foundation Trust – 42 per cent reduction in sepsis mortality through the use of digital technology
- Health Education England – THINK SEPSIS – Supporting the workforce
- Humber Teaching Foundation Trust – Frequent Attenders Service Hull
- Northamptonshire Healthcare Foundation Trust – Quality and Safety at the Foundation of All We Do
- Portsmouth Hospitals Trust – Modern Innovative Solutions to Improve Outcomes in Asthma, Breathlessness and COPD (MISSION ABC)
- The Rotherham Foundation Trust – Reducing mortality in the fractured neck of femur pathway
2019 HSJ Awards winners revealed
- Currently reading
HSJ Awards 2019: Patient safety award