The team from Heart of Birmingham Teaching Primary Care Trust collect the secretary of state’s award for excellence in healthcare management at this week’s HSJ Awards.
HSJ Awards 2009
Health secretary Andy Burnham, who judged the overall prize, said the PCT’s Gym for Free collaboration with Birmingham City Council “embodies the culture change required to create a truly preventative NHS”.
For more details, see the HSJ Awards supplement.
- Acute Healthcare Organisation of the Year - The Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals Foundation Trust
- Primary Care Organisation of the Year - Liverpool PCT
- Acute and Primary Care Innovation - emergency assessment unit - Salford Royal
- Best Social Marketing Project - Heart of Birmingham Teaching PCT
- Clinical Service Redesign - Northumbria Healthcare Foundation Trust
- Delivering Quality and Value with NICE Guidance - Southend University Hospital Foundation Trust
- Good Corporate Citizenship - Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health Foundation Trust
- Improving Care with Technology - Oxford Radcliffe Hospitals Trust, East Kent Hospitals University Foundation Trust
- Improving Patient Access - NHS Leeds/HMP Leeds
- Managing Long Term Conditions - Cardiff Local Health Board
- Mental Health Innovation - Sheffield PCT Provider Services
- Patient Centred Care - NHS South of Tyne and Wear
- Patient Safety - London Deanery
- Reducing Health Inequalities - NHS Blackburn with Darwen
- Using Data to Improve Care - NHS North West - Advancing Quality
- Workforce Development - NHS West Midlands
- World Class Commissioning - Greater Manchester and Cheshire Cardiac and Stroke Network/the Association of Greater Manchester PCTs