Chelsea and Westminster Foundation Trust: Children & Young People Acute pathway (PAU)
As part of the closure of Ealing children’s ward under the Shaping a Healthier Future programme, West Middlesex paediatric unit in partnership with Hounslow clinical commissioning group reviewed and redesigned its model of care.
A high proportion of NEL patients attend the site, and if admitted over 40 per cent of them had a length of stay of one day. The pathway changed the process to enable 24 hour discharge, a reduction in inpatient bed base (from 20 to 16 beds) and shortened the length of stay. Patient and parent satisfaction was excellent.
The judges felt that this was a good design which continues to develop in response to patient feedback. The team should be proud of their achievement.
|Airedale Foundation Trust|
|Black Country Alliance (BCA) Interventional Radiology fast-track Nephrostomy Service|
|East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust|
|Friarage Hospital, Northallerton|
|Royal United Hospital Bath Foundation Trust|
|Surrey and Sussex Healthcare Trust|
|Taunton and Somerset Foundation Trust|
|The Rotherham Foundation Trust|
|Wirral Universities Hospitals Trust|
- AIREDALE NHS FOUNDATION TRUST
- CHELSEA AND WESTMINSTER HOSPITAL NHS FOUNDATION TRUST
- EAST AND NORTH HERTFORDSHIRE NHS TRUST
- ROYAL UNITED HOSPITAL BATH NHS FOUNDATION TRUST
- SURREY AND SUSSEX HEALTHCARE NHS TRUST
- TAUNTON AND SOMERSET NHS FOUNDATION TRUST
- THE ROTHERHAM NHS FOUNDATION TRUST
- Value in Healthcare Awards 2017
- WIRRAL UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL NHS TRUST