PATIENT SAFETY: Care Quality Commission inspectors have told commissioners in Barnsley they must connect up the health and social care records systems to ensure the safety of children in local authority care.
The CQC made the comments to Barnsley Clinical Commissioning Group in a report that followed its review of services in the region for looked after children and safeguarding.
The healthcare system uses the electronic patient record system Lorenzo, while the social care system uses Rio.
CCG governing body papers from a meeting last month said: “The lack of connectivity between health and social care systems and the resultant incomplete client records were noted. The lack of connectivity needed to be resolved to enable safe practice.”
- BARNSLEY HOSPITAL NHS FOUNDATION TRUST
- Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- Children's services
- DONCASTER AND BASSETLAW TEACHING HOSPITALS FOUNDATION TRUST
- Information management/IT
- NHS Barnsley CCG
- Patient experience
- SHEFFIELD TEACHING HOSPITALS NHS FOUNDATION TRUST
- THE ROTHERHAM NHS FOUNDATION TRUST
- West Midlands
- Yorkshire and the Humber