- Inadequate mental health trust appoints local CCG heavy hitter as new chief
- Antek Lejk joins Norfolk and Suffolk FT from post as lead of two CCGs
- Mr Lejk also leads Norfolk and Waveney STP
Inadequate rated Norfolk and Suffolk Foundation Trust has appointed local commissioning heavy hitter Antek Lejk as its new chief executive.
Mr Lejk joins the trust, which has long wrestled with quality and performance issues, from his role as chief officer of South Norfolk and North Norfolk clinical commissioning groups.
He will retain his position as executive lead for the Norfolk and Waveney sustainability and transformation partnership.
A trust statement said he has “led many change and recovery programmes and he is ready to put his extensive experience and skills to good use in leading our trust’s quality improvement priorities”.
The trust’s previous full-time chief executive, Michael Scott, retired in September, a month before the trust was rated inadequate by the Care Quality Commission.
Inspectors found the number of serious incidents “remained high” and rated the trust inadequate in the well led domain.
Deputy chief executive Julie Cave has been leading the trust in the interim since Mr Scott’s departure after just over three years in the post.
The trust’s statement added: “For the past two decades [Mr Lejk] has worked mostly within the NHS, spending nine years as chief executive of two NHS trusts and a primary care trust, as well as a chief executive of a charitable company.”
Mr Lejk said: “I have always had a particular interest and passion for mental health. I have led two mental health organisations in the past and I am keen to help NSFT move on from its current difficulties and emerge a stronger, even better organisation serving the people of Norfolk and Suffolk.”
- Board Talk/governance/assurance
- Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- Mental health
- NHS North Norfolk CCG
- NHS South Norfolk CCG
- NORFOLK AND SUFFOLK NHS FOUNDATION TRUST
- NORTHERN LINCOLNSHIRE AND GOOLE HOSPITALS NHS FOUNDATION TRUST
- Sustainability and transformation plans (STPs)
- UNITED LINCOLNSHIRE HOSPITALS NHS TRUST