What are the benefits of clinical decision support? Watch our free webinar to find out
There is a body of evidence that demonstrates using IT to provide clinicians with real time access to the most up-to-date evidence, guidance and protocols can significantly improve patient safety.
This evidence base is international, coming from the US, Asia and Europe. So far, the NHS’s experience with clinical decision support is under-researched; yet never has there been a more pressing case to roll it out quickly.
When: 12.30pm, 12 June
Where: Your computer
Duration: 45 minutes
Key elements of the webinar will include:
- What is the evidence for clinical decision support improving patient safety?
- Where in hospitals does it show greatest benefits?
- How well accepted and understood is the evidence base?
- What is the demand from clinicians for CDS?
- Is there a one-size-fits-all solution available?
- Do you need an electronic patient record to reap the benefits from CDS?
- Dr Mike Fisher, consultant cardiologist, chief clinical information officer, Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals
- Dr John Halamka, chief medical information officer, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
- Dr Denise Basow, editor-in-chief and general manager, UpToDate
Registered users of hsj.co.uk can watch the webinar at HSJ TV. Once it has been streamed, it will be archived and available on the site for a year.