NHS Improvement has brought together two advisory panels composed of chairs and chief executives from NHS trusts.
The panels will meet every few months and will provide NHS Improvement with feedback on what is working well in their own trusts, while advising the organisation on new policies and proposals.
Representatives on the 18-strong chief executives panel include Peter Homa from Nottingham University Hospitals Trust, Anthony Marsh from West Midlands Ambulance Service Foundation Trust and Claire Murdoch from Central and North West London FT.
The chairs panel has 29 members including Bob Kerslake from King’s College Hospital FT, Jacqui Smith from University Hospitals Birmingham and Heart of England FTs, and John Bacon from Barts Health Trust.
The chair of the Care Quality Commission, Peter Wyman, will also be part of the group.
NHS Improvement chief executive Jim Mackey said: “Ideas for how we improve the experience patients receive from the NHS won’t come from the centre, but are being implemented day in, day out across the sector.
“That’s why I’ve called together some of the most experienced chief executives from all around the NHS – from acute, specialist, mental health and community providers – to share their experiences and make sure that when NHS Improvement decides something it will have the support of the people whose organisations will need to implement it.”
NHS Improvement said the panels would sit alongside the organisation’s ongoing work with NHS Providers and the NHS Confederation.
The chief executives panel
- Neil Dardis (Buckinghamshire Healthcare Trust)
- Mike Deegan (Central Manchester University Hospitals Foundation Trust)
- Colm Donaghy (Sussex Partnership Foundation Trust)
- Mary Edwards (Hampshire Hospitals Foundation Trust)
- Will Hancock (South Central Ambulance Service Foundation Trust)
- Julian Hartley (Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust)
- Peter Homa (Nottingham University Hospitals Trust)
- Clive Kay (Bradford Teaching Hospitals Foundation Trust)
- Anthony Marsh (West Midlands Ambulance Service Foundation Trust)
- Sally Morris (South Essex Partnership University Foundation Trust)
- Claire Murdoch (Central and North West London Foundation Trust)
- Angela Pedder (Royal Devon and Exeter Foundation Trust)
- Pauline Philip (Luton and Dunstable University Hospital Foundation Trust)
- Simon Pleydell (Whittington Health Trust)
- Amanda Pritchard (Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital Foundation Trust)
- David Sloman (Royal Free London Foundation Trust)
- Tracy Taylor (Birmingham Community Healthcare Trust)
- Matthew Winn (Cambridge Community Services Trust)
The chairs panel
- Peter Wyman (Care Quality Commission)
- Ashley Winter (North East Ambulance Service Foundation Trust)
- Bob Kerslake (King’s College Hospital Foundation Trust)
- Chris Outram (The Christie Foundation Trust)
- Christine Braddock (Birmingham Children’s Hospital Foundation Trust)
- David Griffiths (Kent Community Health Foundation Trust)
- David Henshaw (Alder Hey Children’s Foundation Trust)
- Dean Fathers (Nottinghamshire Healthcare Foundation Trust and United Lincolnshire Hospitals Trust)
- Dominic Dodd (Royal Free London Foundation Trust)
- Elizabeth Padmore (Hampshire Hospitals Foundation Trust)
- Heather Strawbridge (South West Ambulance Service Foundation Trust)
- Hugh Taylor (Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital Foundation Trust)
- Jacqui Smith (University Hospitals Birmingham Foundation Trust and Heart of England Foundation Trust)
- Janardan Sofat (Dartford and Gravesham Trust)
- John Bacon (Barts and the London Trust)
- Linda Pollard (Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust)
- Liz Butler (Lewisham and Greenwich Trust)
- Michael Luger (Airedale Foundation Trust)
- Neil Franklin (Leeds Community Healthcare Trust)
- Nick Marsden (Salisbury Foundation Trust)
- Nigel Beverley (Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals Foundation Trust)
- Prem Singh (Derbyshire Community Health Services Foundation Trust)
- Richard Murley (University College London Hospitals Foundation Trust)
- Rudy Markham (Moorfields Eye Hospital Foundation Trust)
- Simon Linnett (Luton and Dunstable University Hospital Foundation Trust)
- Sue Davis (Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health Foundation Trust)
- Thomas Hughes-Hallett (Chelsea and Westminster Foundation Trust)
- Tim Melville-Ross (Homerton University Hospital Foundation Trust)
- Tom Hayhoe (West London Mental Health Trust)