COMMERCIAL: Nine organisations have been shortlisted for the £43m contract to run Suffolk’s community services, it has been announced.
Last month NHS Suffolk announced a tender for the running of its community services which was broken down into five “lots”. Providers were invited to bid for one or more of the lots, which include: Adult universal services, community equipment and specialist paediatric services.
The bidders include private firms Assura Medical, Essex Cares Limited and Serco Health as well as local mental health and community providers.
The services are currently run by “interim host” North Essex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, which is one of the shortlisted bidders.
Those shortlisted for the tender
1. Assura Medical
2. Essex Cares Limited
3. Medequip Assistive Technology
4. Norfolk & Waveney Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust
5. Norfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust
6. North Essex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
7. Nottingham Rehab Services
8. Serco Health
9. West Suffolk Hospital NHS Trust