Digital is a core element of the government’s vision for the future of health services in England. As the new integrated care systems roll out, how can they ensure they are addressing the priorities set out this year by Matt Hancock, that is:
- Digitise the system
- Connect the system
- Transform how care is given
- Build for the future
- Support the people delivering care
Delivering personalised care in the right setting is essential to the current and future health service, but will only happen if organisations are underpinned by digital infrastructure and solutions to create the right circumstances. Key questions included:
- What should the digital priorities for ICSs be?
- How can we improve the focus on using digital to support delivering person-centred and convenient services in the right setting?
- How can we improve secure connectivity and collaboration between organisations – both at a “people” level and in terms of infrastructure?
- How can the constituent organisations ensure that digital is at the centre of the ICS delivery model? How can we share practical examples of what is already working – and help leaders flesh out their vision for the future?
This HSJ webinar, run in association with Cisco, brought together a small panel of experts to discuss these important issues on 9th June 2021, 10:30-11:15am. They included Mike Farrar, independent management consultant, and Declan Hadley, healthcare development lead for UK and Ireland, Cisco, and Jas Cartwright, head of digital innovation strategy for Worcestershire Hospitals Acute Trust and digital innovation lead for Herefordshire and Worcestershire ICS. HSJ contributor Claire Read chaired the webinar.
New viewers who would like to register to watch the on demand recording please click here.
Viewers who registered to view live can access the on demand version here.