WINNER: Rotherham, Doncaster and South Humber Foundation Trust – Developing Compassionate “Speak Up” cultures – within and across systems
RDaSH has taken a collective and inclusive approach to creating a Freedom to Speak Up culture across its own organisation and in partnership agencies.
This broader approach has improved its patient safety culture and enabled systemic improvements across organisational boundaries.
Staff are encouraged to speak up to their line manager or clinical lead in the first instance if they have any concerns, but are aware of other routes to access if necessary. The collective approach to FTSU is focused on ease of access, early detection and consistency.
Northamptonshire Healthcare Foundation Trust – Embedding Speaking Up Through Staff Engagement
- Buckinghamshire Healthcare Trust – Building a Positive Speaking Up Culture at BHT
- Dudley and Walsall Mental Health Partnership Trust
- Midlands Partnership Foundation Trust – Making lives better for our communities with a positive speaking up culture
- Portsmouth Hospitals Trust – Organisations which have made speaking up part of everyday business and embedded a culture of open discussion
- University Hospitals of Derby and Burton Foundation Trust – Embedding Freedom to Speak up across a merged organisation
2019 HSJ Awards winners revealed
- Currently reading
HSJ Awards 2019: Freedom to speak up organisation of the year