The Brooke Surgery
Providing Patients Same Day Access To Primary Care 24/7, 365 Days A Year
The Brooke Surgery team have transformed primary care in Tameside by providing unprecedented levels of access to upwards of 18,000 patients. Despite the surgery being the only NHS GP surgery in the country open for patient requests 24/7, 365 days a year, the average time from a patient first making a request to the patient completing their appointment is within five hours - including face to face appointments.
The surgery is now the UK’s highest rated NHS GP surgery on Google – receiving a rating of 4.7 with more than 590 patient reviews. The judges felt that this team shared their achievements with humanity and humility. They have transformed their patient and workforce experience through communication, connection and understanding, resulting in a clear, widespread positive impact.
Highly commended: City Health Care Partnership CIC - Passionate About People
- Alliance for Better Care: Helping To Transform How People Manage Their Health In Their Community
- BARDOC: Urgent And Unscheduled Care
- Bridgewater Community Healthcare FT: Communities Matter – Developing Stronger, Healthier, Happier Communities
- Kent Community Health FT: East Kent Community Specialist Respiratory Service
- Modality Partnership: Leading The Way, Making Positive Changes With Real Impact!
- The University of Nottingham Health Service: Multidisciplinary Primary Care Team
- University Hospitals of North Midlands Trust and Midlands Partnership Trust: Community Rapid Intervention Service & Urgent Care Co-ordination Centre
Winners of the 2023 HSJ Awards revealed
- Currently reading
HSJ Awards 2023: Primary and Community Care Provider of the Year