- United Lincolnshire Hospitals Trust asking people to complete online survey
- CQC rating raised from “inadequate” to “requires improvement” last year
- Chief executive says trust wants to know how “trustworthy and credible” public thinks it is
A Lincolnshire trust which has been in special measures for more than two years is asking the public for their views on its reputation.
United Lincolnshire Hospitals Trust has asked residents to complete an online survey to help it “understand the public’s perception and how people form opinions about ULHT hospitals… with the aim of making improvements”.
The Care Quality Commission recommended the trust remained in special measures last year, with executives telling inspectors they were “consumed by operational pressures”.
However, inspectors said there had been “much progress” at the trust, and raised its overall rating from “inadequate” to “requires improvement”.
The trust is formed of Lincoln County Hospital, Pilgrim Hospital, Boston, Grantham and District Hospital and County Hospital in Louth.
A CQC visit to Pilgrim Hospital’s emergency department, carried out after concerns were raised about standards, found children were at risk of harm in the department.
HSJ also reported last year that the Unite staff-side committee at the trust had passed a vote of no confidence because of patient safety fears.
ULHT chief executive Jan Sobieraj, who is retiring this summer, said the trust wanted to find out what the public think and how “trustworthy and credible we are, if we spend money wisely and if people think we provide high quality care”.
He added: “It is important that we measure our reputation, as it affects our ability to respond to the wide range of needs from our patients, their carers and families, as well as helping us to recruit the best staff…
“As we have built on the quality of our services our CQC rating has improved and our reputation for caring and safer patient care is growing as a result. However, there is still much more that we can do to make it better.”
- Acute care
- ACUTE LIST
- Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- East Midlands
- HSJ LOCAL
- NHS Lincolnshire East CCG
- NHS Lincolnshire West CCG
- NHS South Lincolnshire CCG
- NHS South West Lincolnshire CCG
- NORTH EAST LINCOLNSHIRE CARE TRUST PLUS
- NORTHERN LINCOLNSHIRE AND GOOLE HOSPITALS NHS FOUNDATION TRUST
- Patient experience
- UNITED LINCOLNSHIRE HOSPITALS NHS TRUST