- Norfolk CCGs draft in seasoned trouble shooter
- Frank Sims joins from Isle of Wight where he was deputy chief executive
- Appointment follows departure of Antek Lejk in March
North Norfolk and South Norfolk clinical commissioning groups have appointed a new joint chief officer, the CCGs have announced.
Isle of Wight Trust deputy chief executive Frank Sims will take on the new role on Monday 23 July. It follows previous chief officer of the two CCGs Antek Lejk joining inadequate rated Norfolk and Suffolk Foundation Trust as its chief in March.
Mr Sims has held numerous senior NHS roles at both local and national level. He was NHS Improvement’s director of restructuring prior to joining the Isle of Wight in July 2017.
He has held various interim roles including as chief executive of Colchester hospital, now part of East Suffolk and North Essex Foundation Trust and was also briefly a Department of Health advisor in 2009-10.
North and South Norfolk CCGs share management and back office teams, but remain statutory bodies with independent governing bodies.
South Norfolk CCG chair Hilary Byrne said: “Frank has worked at the highest levels in NHS trusts and is very much a ‘system’ player, so will bring insights and leadership that will be valuable in our CCGs within the wider family of health and care organisations in Norfolk and Waveney.”
Mr Sims said: “I am delighted and privileged to join the great team at North and South CCGs and I’m really looking forward to working with all our members and partners to drive improvements for the people we serve.”
- East of England
- HSJ LOCAL
- ISLE OF WIGHT NHS TRUST
- JAMES PAGET UNIVERSITY HOSPITALS NHS FT
- NHS North Norfolk CCG
- NHS South Norfolk CCG
- NHS West Norfolk CCG
- NORFOLK AND NORWICH UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL NHS TRUST
- NORFOLK AND SUFFOLK NHS FOUNDATION TRUST
- NORFOLK AND WAVENEY MH PARTNERSHIP NHS TRUST
- Norfolk Community Health and Care Trust
- THE QUEEN ELIZABETH HOSPITAL KING'S LYNN NHS FOUNDATION TRUST