WORKFORCE: A document presented to the foundation’s 30 March board meeting outlined draft plans to save £1.5m by “streamlining” its clinical management.
The plans, produced following staff consultation on changes to clinical leadership, were released to HSJ under the Freedom of Information Act.
- Saving £110,000 by reducing the number of directors of operations from two to one;
- Saving £284,869 by reducing the number of associate directors of operations from six to two deputy directors of operations
- Saving £50,000 by reducing from four divisional directors to two associate medical directors;
- Saving £97,219 by reducing the number of head nurses from four to two associate nursing directors
- Reducing the number of directorate managers from seven to six, saving £51,718
- Reducing the number of clinical directors from 14 to seven, saving £87,500
The plans add that the foundation’s newly-formed clinical support and facilities management division will make an “estimated management cost saving of £500,000” by appointing its senior team from staff currently employed within the division.
Clinical Leadership Paper (see attached, right)
30 March 2011