Departing NHS Confederation chief executive Rob Webster is to lead the West Yorkshire sustainability and transformation plan.
Mr Webster is due to start work as chief executive of South West Yorkshire Partnership Foundation Trust, which serves Calderdale, Kirklees and Wakefield, in May.
He has previously worked as chief executive of Leeds Community Healthcare Trust and Calderdale Primary Care Trust.
HSJ understands he has been selected as STP lead by NHS England and NHS Improvement, rather than chosen locally. He has told NHS leaders in the area he expects the STP to be developed through a network approach, rather than hierarchically.
As the footprint was developed, it was agreed that constituent patches within West Yorkshire would draw up transformation plans separately, even though they are in the same STP.
NHS England and other national NHS bodies confirmed eight STP leaders last week. They are not expected to confirm others until after Easter.
A number of STPs are still without permanent leads and some are expected to have leaders from outside the patch appointed or sent in. HSJ has reported that Cornwall has selected only an interim STP chair, Cornwall Partnership Foundation Trust chief executive Phil Confue, and is looking for a substantive lead.
Others understood to have been put forward to be full leads for their STPs include:
- Pauline Philip, Luton and Dunstable University Hospital Foundation Trust chief executive and NHS England lead for urgent and emergency care, for the Milton Keynes, Luton and Bedfordshire footprint.
- Colm Donaghy, Sussex Partnership Foundation Trust chief executive, for the Sussex and East Surrey footprint.
- Simon Wright, chief executive of Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital Trust, for the Shropshire and Telford and Wrekin footprint.
- Andy Williams, Sandwell and West Birmingham CCG chief officer, for the Black Country patch.
- Mark Adams, Newcastle Gateshead CCG chief officer, for the Northumberland, Tyne and Wear patch.
- Ali Wilson, Hartlepool and Stockton-on-Tees CCG chief officer, for the Durham, Darlington and Tees footprint.
- Acute care
- BRADFORD AND AIREDALE TEACHING PCT
- CALDERDALE AND HUDDERSFIELD NHS FOUNDATION TRUST
- CORNWALL PARTNERSHIP NHS FOUNDATION TRUST
- MID YORKSHIRE HOSPITALS NHS TRUST
- NHS Bradford City CCG
- NHS Calderdale CCG
- NHS England (Commissioning Board)
- NHS Kernow CCG
- NHS Leeds North CCG
- NHS Leeds South and East CCG
- NHS Leeds West CCG
- NHS Wakefield CCG
- Rob Webster
- SOUTH WEST YORKSHIRE PARTNERSHIP NHS FOUNDATION TRUST
- Sustainability and transformation plans (STPs)
- Yorkshire and the Humber