- Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Berkshire West STP appoints ’executive lead’
- Fiona Wise is currently interim chief executive at Kettering General Hospital FT
- Leader has more than 20 years experience at chief executive level
- BOB STP has two accountable care systems
A trust chief with more than 20 years experience has been appointed “executive lead” of the Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Berkshire West sustainability and transformation partnership.
Fiona Wise’s appointment was announced late yesterday. She will join the STP, which is rated “advanced” by NHS England, in March 2018.
The BOB STP covers a population of 1.8m people. It contains two of the eight first wave accountable care systems – Buckinghamshire and Berkshire West – which are intended to integrate care and take control of budgets most rapidly.
The system is also home to three global digital exemplars: Oxford University Hospitals FT, Oxford Health FT, and Berkshire Healthcare FT.
It was announced this week that Buckinghamshire Healthcare Trust’s chief executive, Neil Dardis, had been appointed to lead Frimley Health FT. Oxfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group’s chief executive David Smith is also stepping down at the end of the year.
Ms Wise has been an NHS chief executive for more than 20 years, in acute, mental health, learning disability and community services.
She is currently the interim chief executive at Kettering General Hospital Foundation Trust, following a stint as improvement director at University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay FT.
Previously Ms Wise has led Enfield Community Care Trust; Stoke Mandeville NHS Trust; Ealing Hospital Trust and the North West London Hospital Trust.
Ms Wise said: “I am clear that we can only continue to make improvements if we all work together to make our absolute focus improving local health and care services for the communities we serve. I am looking forward to working with colleagues to continue to drive progress forward.”
Professor Gary Ford, chair of the BOB STP executive board and chief executive of the Oxford AHSN, said: ”Fiona brings a wealth of experience and a highly accomplished track record in policy development, delivery and performance improvement.
“I know that my colleagues are looking forward to working with her to ensure robust delivery within each local health and care system, while maximising the opportunities to draw upon the research and innovation strengths in our region and make improvements when they can be achieved by working at scale across the STP.”
- BERKSHIRE HEALTHCARE NHS FOUNDATION TRUST
- BUCKINGHAMSHIRE HOSPITALS NHS TRUST
- KETTERING GENERAL HOSPITAL NHS FOUNDATION TRUST
- NHS Buckinghamshire CCG
- NHS Chiltern CCG
- NHS England (Commissioning Board)
- NHS North and West Reading CCG
- NHS Oxfordshire CCG
- NHS South Reading CCG
- NHS Wokingham CCG
- OXFORD HEALTH NHS FOUNDATION TRUST
- Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- ROYAL BERKSHIRE NHS FOUNDATION TRUST
- Sustainability and transformation plans (STPs)