Taunton and Somerset Foundation Trust: HANDi Paediatric: smart phone app integrating care for common childhood conditions through home, primary care and into hospital
More than 50 per cent of children admitted to paediatric units have one of six high-volume conditions. Most remain in hospital for less than one day. HANDi Paediatric App provides parents and medical professionals with fully integrated care pathways through home, primary care and into hospital for each of the high-volume conditions.
It empowers healthcare professionals with evidence-based guidance and families with accessible, high-quality health information and locality specific signposting.
The project’s greatest achievements are the number of unique users through the trust’s own region, positive feedback from parents/carers and professionals, reduced total admissions for the six high-volume conditions and the successful reskinning of HANDi Paediatric for other regions.
The judges thought that this product had demonstrable clinical leadership and engagement behind it. The encourages usage with its strong visual images and has already been adopted by several organisations across the health service.
Highly Commended was The Royal Brompton and Harefield Foundation Trust. Read about its project here.
|Barnsley Hospital Foundation Trust|
|Cambridge University Hospitals Foundation Trust|
|East Lancashire Hospitals Trust|
|East of England Ambulance Service Trust|
|Nottingham University Hospitals Trust|
|Plymouth Hospitals Trust|
|Southend University Hospital|
|Virgin Care Limited|
- BARNSLEY HOSPITAL NHS FOUNDATION TRUST
- CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY HOSPITALS NHS FOUNDATION TRUST
- EAST LANCASHIRE HOSPITALS NHS TRUST
- East Of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- NOTTINGHAM UNIVERSITY HOSPITALS NHS TRUST
- Royal Brompton & Harefield NHS Foundation Trust
- SOUTHEND UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL NHS FOUNDATION TRUST
- TAUNTON AND SOMERSET NHS FOUNDATION TRUST
- University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust
- Value in Healthcare Awards 2017
- Virgin Care