STRUCTURE: The Birmingham and Solihull PCTs had said there are five emerging clinical commissioning groups in their area - down from a previous 12 hopeful groups.
The new groups and their chairs are:
- Sandwell and West Birmingham: Dr Nick Harding
- Birmingham South Central: Dr Andrew Coward
- Forward Health: Dr Tony Ainsworth
- Birmingham Health: Dr Gavin Ralston
- Solihull Health: Dr Anand Chitnis
The PCT Cluster said, “each of the CCGs is in the process of agreeing membership”.
A statement said: “Now that CCGs have formed themselves into what is believed to be a more permanent arrangement, the cluster board is working to delegate all budgets relating to CCGs to these groups and [plans to] have agreement in place… from April 2012.”
The cluster had previously identified several of its GP groups were at a high risk of not being authorised.
Information provided to HSJ