This week’s issue of HSJ magazine is now available to read on our tablet app.
In this week’s issue doctors’ desire for “kudos” is leading to new treatments being introduced without good evidence of their effectiveness, warn senior health leaders. Plus:
- A new patient safety website is criticised for its use of “old” data
- GP surgeries with the highest patient to doctor ratios are increasingly turning to other primary care staff to address the GP shortfall
- University Hospital of South Manchester Foundation Trust secures a £25m government loan to cover its PFI repayments
- The new chair of the Commons health committee, Sarah Wollaston, tells HSJ her priorities
- Kieran Walshe argues that Simon Stevens, NHS England chief executive, will draw the poison from the NHS leadership
To find the latest issue, simply navigate to “This week’s issue” on the app, or tap on the cover image on the homepage.