Published: 06/05/2004, Volume II4, No. 5904 Page 6

Only one primary care trust surveyed by pollsters NOP has a fulltime IT director, a survey has found.

The poll of 50 PCT chief executives and senior managers discovered that 42 per cent of PCTs do not have an IT director at all. And of the remaining 58 per cent, only one PCT had a full time director.

The survey, commissioned by recruitment and HR consultants Hudson, also found the financial management capacity of PCTs is limited.

lHSJ editor Alastair McLellan will chair two breakfast seminars to discuss the survey's results on 11 and 18 May at The Goring Hotel, London. To book, e-mail gracereid@luther. co. uk