Report calls for increased local surgery

A new report on the future of planned surgery recommends that 80 per cent of all surgery should be done locally, with the remaining 20 per cent of the more complex cases taking place at specialist centres.

You need to be signed in to read more


Subscribe for unlimited access

With a HSJ subscription you’ll unlock:

  • All of and our HSJ mobile app
  • News and insight on all areas of public funded healthcare
  • Expert commentary, insight and analysis from industry leaders
  • 9 weekly ‘Expert Briefing’ insight emails covering a variety of specialist topics

Sign into your account here