PERFORMANCE: A strategic health authority report has revealed continued under-performance on ambulance handover times at the capital’s accident and emergency departments.
The performance report from NHS London showed all London trusts red-rated for their percentage of handover times taking 15 minutes, broken down by hospital.
The SHA red-rates any hospital that has more than 20 per cent of handovers taking 15 minutes or more.
Homerton University Hospital Foundation Trust performed best of the London trusts, with only 21 per cent of handovers takign 15 or more minutes.
Queen’s hospital, part of Barking, Havering and edbridge University Hospitals Trusts recorded the worst with 68.2 per cent.
Ealing Hospital had the highest average handover time at 20.7 minutes.
The report from April was released under the Freedom of Information Act.
NHS London performance report, broken down by hospital on page six (see attached, right)
- BARNET AND CHASE FARM HOSPITALS NHS TRUST
- CHELSEA AND WESTMINSTER HOSPITAL NHS FOUNDATION TRUST
- Croydon Health Services NHS TRUST
- EALING HOSPITAL NHS TRUST
- Emergency care
- EPSOM AND ST HELIER UNIVERSITY HOSPITALS NHS TRUST
- GUY'S AND ST THOMAS' NHS FOUNDATION TRUST
- HOMERTON UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL NHS FT
- HSJ LOCAL
- IMPERIAL COLLEGE HEALTHCARE NHS TRUST
- KING'S COLLEGE HOSPITAL NHS FT
- KINGSTON HOSPITAL NHS FOUNDATION TRUST
- LEWISHAM AND GREENWICH NHS TRUST
- LONDON NORTH WEST HEALTHCARE NHS TRUST
- NEWHAM UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL NHS TRUST
- NORTH MIDDLESEX UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL NHS TRUST
- ROYAL FREE LONDON FOUNDATION TRUST
- SOUTH LONDON HEALTHCARE TRUST
- ST GEORGE'S HEALTHCARE NHS TRUST
- THE HILLINGDON HOSPITALS NHS FOUNDATION TRUST
- THE WHITTINGTON HOSPITAL NHS TRUST
- UNIVERSITY COLLEGE LONDON HOSPITALS NHS FOUNDATION TRUST
- WEST MIDDLESEX UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL NHS TRUST
- WHIPPS CROSS UNIVERSITY HOSP NHS TRUST