COMMERCIAL: A national contract to provide acute mental health inpatient services for military personnel has been awarded to a partnership of eight NHS mental health trusts, including Southern Health Foundation Trust.
The “Joining Forces Network” is made up of: Southern Health; Lincolnshire Partnership Foundation Trust; Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys Foundation Trust; Somerset Partnership Foundation Trust; Cambridge and Peterborough Foundation Trust; South Staffordshire and Shropshire Healthcare Foundation Trust; NHS Grampian; and NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde.
The network first secured the contract in 2009.
Southern Health provides six beds for soldiers with severe mental illness at its Parklands Hospital in Basingstoke.
Press release (attached)
- CAMBRIDGESHIRE AND PETERBOROUGH FOUNDATION TRUST
- FT LIST
- HSJ LOCAL
- LINCOLNSHIRE PARTNERSHIP NHS TRUST
- MH TRUST LIST
- SOMERSET PARTNERSHIP NHS AND SOC CARE NHS TRUST
- South Central
- SOUTH STAFFORDSHIRE AND SHROPSHIRE FOUNDATION TRUST
- SOUTHERN HEALTH NHS FOUNDATION TRUST
- TEES, ESK AND WEAR VALLEYS NHS FT (MH)