West Green & Hornsey Wood Green Surgeries: Sending Bespoke Automated eCalendar Invites and Reminders for Cervical Screening.
The innovation was implemented across two surgeries in Haringey: West Green & Hornsey Wood Green. Haringey CCG is the sixth most deprived borough in London and the combined patient list covers over 22,000 patients. Of note, there are over 100 different unique languages spoken in Haringey.
Having found that both surgeries had lower cervical smear uptake rates than the average in Haringey and London, a software was created that would send automated bulk emails, including links to videos and translated material, to patients with e-calendar invites, automatically reminding them to book a smear appointment when due.
Read a detailed case study about this project at HSJ Solutions
- Nottinghamshire Healthcare FT, United Lincolnshire Hospitals Trust and Nottingham University Hospitals Trust: Hepatitis C Testing and Treatment Pathway in an Immigration Removal Centre
- Chelsea and Westminster FT, Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, City of Westminster, Public Health England (London): Tip Top Teeth - Hospital-Based Oral Health Prevention Programme
- Cheshire & Merseyside Health and Care Partnership: Championing Wellness - Community-Based Blood Pressure Testing
- Redbridge Primary Care Networks, Healthbridge Direct GP Federation, Redbridge CCG: Uncovering the Hidden Burden of Disease in Redbridge
- Somerset FT, in Partnership with Somerset CCG, Voluntary and Community Sector Alliance, Experts by Experience and Somerset County Council: Somerset Open Mental Health
Winners revealed for HSJ Value Awards 2021
- Currently reading
HSJ Value Awards 2021: Public and Preventative Health Service Redesign Initiative