STRUCTURE: The new Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire primary care trust cluster has agreed a set of objectives to be achieved by March 2013.
The goals include:
- delivery of strategic plans for Weston Area Health Trust supported by organisational arrangements which are clinically and financially sustainable. These may include seeking a strategic partner or the offering of services to the market;
- delivery of savings of approximately £250m by 2014-15 (a requirement of £60m per annum) in conjunction with GP commissioning consortia;
- Manage BNSSG wide out of hours and urgent care procurements ahead of March 2013.
The objectives also feature a number of priorities for local service redesign and reconfiguration, including:
- ensuring the effective use of the new Southmead Hospital;
- reaching a consensus on service content and configuration, including the issue of inpatient beds, on Thornbury Hospital site;
- developing a financially sustainable Full Business Case, linked to a commercial model, for Frenchay Hospital.
NHS South Gloucestershire board papers (see attached, right)
21 July 2011