Sheffield Teaching Hospitals Foundation Trust: Improving Environmental and Social Sustainability - Sheffield Teaching Hospitals’ Catering Department
The team at Sheffield used sustainable measures to reduce food wastage and improve healthy consumption.
The cost of patient meal service reduced by more than £176,000 in the last financial year.
The judges felt that this organisation has focused on quality and sustainability which in turn has led to not only a reduction in waste, but greater staff satisfaction.
- Barnsley Hospital Foundation Trust, Carbon Reduction
- Mid-Essex Hospital Services Trust, The Natural Health Service Project - Managing our natural estate to enhance the environment and improve patient care
- North Bristol Trust, Southmead Hospital Re-Development - the Brunel Building
- Nottinghamshire Healthcare Foundation Trust, Sustainable Food Project - Taste not Waste
- Oxleas Foundation Trust, Delivering Modern Communication between GPs and the NHS
- Public Health Wales, Our Space
- Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals Trust, Environmental Sustainability at Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals Trust
Winners of 2017 HSJ Awards revealed
- Currently reading
HSJ Awards 2017: Improving Environmental and Social Sustainability