Sponsored by EMIS
- Bristol Clinical Commisioning Group – winner
- Spectrum Community Health – highly commended
- Central London Community Healthcare Trust, West London CCG, Hammersmith and Fulham CCG, Triborough (Partnership Of Westminster, Hammersmith and Fulham, and Kensington and Chelsea Councils), Central and North West London Foundation Trust, And West London Mental Health Trust
- Greenwich Coordinated Care Pioneer
- Kernow Clinical Commissioning Group
- Lakeside + Limited
- Leicestershire Partnership Trust
- NHS Scotland and Partners
- Plymouth Community Healthcare
- South Warwickshire Foundation Trust in partnership with Warwickshire City Council and South Warwickshire CCG
Bristol Clinical Commissioning Group: Bristol Community Rose Clinic
The Bristol Community Rose Clinic was set up to provide a community-based service for women dealing with the effects of female genital mutilation (FGM).
It was created thanks to the combined initiative and vision of community workers and various health professionals, who had become aware of the number of women affected by FGM, but were frustrated by the limited amount of help available for them.
Before the Bristol clinic, the alternatives were at hospitals, which involved long waits, or at a London-based clinic.
The community that would use the service were consulted at every step, on staffing, opening hours and eligibility - and also chose the clinic’s name. The result is a specialist service staffed by an all female team from Lawrence Hill Surgery, creating an environment where women can discuss their health needs in a sensitive and non-judgmental environment.
The information that the service gathers will also help understand the extent of FGM in the community, and help the NHS in Bristol to better engage a community that does not always access planned health care.
Judges described the project as “a standout example of innovative working addressing a taboo subject”.
Other finalists’ programmes:
- Spectrum Community Health – Relationship and sex education programme: empowering women through education and information
- Central London Community Healthcare Trust, West London CCG, Hammersmith and Fulham CCG, Triborough (Partnership Of Westminster, Hammersmith and Fulham, and Kensington and Chelsea Councils), Central and North West London Foundation Trust, And West London Mental Health Trust- Connecting care for children: redeisgning community health services in north west London to deliver better care for children
- Greenwich Coordinated Care Pioneer – Greenwich coordinated care pioneer
- Kernow Clinical Commissioning Group – Living well: a model of primary care and community integration
- Lakeside + Limited – Corby Urgent Care Centre
- Leicestershire Partnership Trust - Co-ordinated community health services
- NHS Scotland and Partners – National MSK redesign
- Plymouth Community Healthcare – Great expectations antenatal programme
- South Warwickshire Foundation Trust – Comprehensive discharge to assess (D2A): disruptive innovation