Sponspored by Celesio
Dr Anita Jayadev: Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children Foundation Trust
The judges said: “Anita captures your attention with her infectious style and displays a natural influencing and leadership style.”
Anita demonstrated key strengths of leadership and innovation, particularly though her Darzi Fellowship year at Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Her projects contributed to a 25 per cent reduction in prescription errors; reduced harm from all medicines trust wide; the opening up of staff training to outside clinicians and across disciplines; and cut two hours off the average ward round time.
Anita’s understanding of the needs of patients, families, and colleagues at all levels enables her to network with a wide variety of stakeholders and service users to spread innovation between disciplines, hierarchies and across primary and secondary care.
She has a strong academic background and raft of awards and distinctions, and her dedication to evidence-based care includes writing trust antibiotic guidelines at Whipps Cross Hospital, writing the medication quality strategy at Great Ormond Street Hospital, and auditing many clinical practices.
All her projects focus on breaking down silos. For example, an ‘innovation swap shop’ for exchange of ideas between old and new trainees, and a networking evening where frontline staff can present their quality and safety improvement projects to colleagues, chief executives and potential sponsors.
- Dr Anita Jayadev, Great Ormond Street Hospital – winner
- Neal Cleaver, Dorset County Hospital Foundation Trust – highly commended
- Dominique Allwood, Improvement Science London
- David Bull, West Midlands Ambulance Service Foundation Trust
- Dr James Bursell, Milton Keynes Hospital Foundation Trust
- Elmer Catangui, Imperial College Healthcare Trust
- Dr Alys Cole-King, Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board and Connecting with People
- Simon Dunn, Northern Lincolnshire and Goole Foundation Trust
- Adam Hayward, Sherwood Forest Hospitals Foundation Trust
- Alex Heritage, Central Manchester Clinical Commissioning Group
- Chris Jones, The Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust