Tom Cahill: Hertfordshire Partnership University Foundation Trust
The judges found Tom to be an authentic, inspirational leader who puts service users and their families at the very centre of the trust’s work. Feedback from staff and the board was universally positive about this chief executive, recognising his empathy and passionate commitment.
Tom has developed new models of care along with new facilities, aiming to deliver the best quality services, and has promoted a culture change within the organisation. The trust has performed well under his leadership and was allocated £6m from the Sustainability and Transformation Fund.
- Sir Andrew Cash, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals Foundation Trust – HIGHLY COMMENDED
- Dr Jackie Bene, Bolton Foundation Trust
- Jackie Daniel, University Hospitals Morecambe Bay Foundation Trust
- Joe Rafferty, Mersey Care Foundation Trust
- John Lawlor, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear Foundation Trust
- Mark Brandreth, Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopeadic Foundation Trust
- Peter Herring, Sherwood Forest Hospitals Foundation Trust
- Toby Lewis, Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals Trust
Winners of 2017 HSJ Awards revealed
- Currently reading
HSJ Awards 2017: Chief Executive of the Year