The Butabika-East London Link: Partnership for Excellence
This non-profit organisation developed the Butabika-East London Link partnership to improve the provision of mental health services in Uganda and the UK.
The service users were trained and empowered to improve mental health services. The trained workers delivered psychological treatments across 14 regional sites.
The judges said that this partnership has sustained over many years with high levels of service user engagement in both countries and represents the best of the NHS. This project has renewed its vision and ambition regularly and the judges felt that there were clear benefits identified for service users and stakeholders.
- King’s Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre and King’s College London, King’s Sierra Leone Partnership – HIGHLY COMMENDED
- ARCHIE - Wood Foundation Global Surgery, Paediatric Surgery in Uganda
- Gulu - Man Link - University Hospital of South Manchester, Gulu Man Link - sustainable approaches to educational programme delivery
- King’s Somaliland Partnership, King’s Somaliland Partnership
- NHS Grampian, NHS Grampian/Felege Hiwot knowledge exchange partnership
- NHS Thames Valley and Wessex Leadership Academy, Improving Global Health through Leadership Development
- Northumbria Healthcare Foundation Trust, Making a difference to healthcare outcomes in Tanzania
- Wessex Ghana Stroke Partnership, Developing Multidisciplinary Stroke Care in Accra, Ghana
- Royal College of General Practitioners, UK & Stellenbosch University, South Africa, FaM-LEAP - Family Medicine Leadership, Education and Assessment Programme
Winners of 2017 HSJ Awards revealed
- Currently reading
HSJ Awards 2017: International Health Partnership