First Steps Derbyshire: Online Befriending Service
The team developed a volunteer led Online Befriending project, allowing people at risk of or with an eating disorder to self refer and be supported by people with lived experience.
One hundred per cent of service users said that their befriender helped to encourage and inspire them.
Judges said that this was a wonderful, inspiring example of a truly person centered service that compliments local services and that demonstrably transforms people’s lives.
- Rotherham Clinical Commissioning Group, Social Prescribing - Mental Health – HIGHLY COMMENDED
- Diabetes UK, Information Prescriptions: The Key to Unlocking Behaviour Change
- Epilepsy Care Alliance, Empowering patients with epilepsy
- Macmillan Cancer Improvement Partnership, New model of breast cancer aftercare
- NHS Ayrshire and Arran, Transforming Care After Treatment in NHS Ayrshire and Arran
- Older People’s Advocacy Alliance UK, Cancer, Older People & Advocacy
- Southern Health Foundation Trust, Bringing the Community in: Supporting transition from hospital to home utilising voluntary sector organisation expertise
- The Royal Wolverhampton Trust, Empowering renal patients to be in control, giving them their freedom back through home therapies & shared care programme
- University of Southampton, TrueNTH Supported Self-Management and Follow Up Care Programme for men with Prostate Cancer
- Virgin Care Limited, Hearing Aid Support in Bath & North East Somerset
Winners of 2017 HSJ Awards revealed
- Currently reading
HSJ Awards 2017: Supported Self Care