West Hertfordshire Hospitals Trust: Maternity unit turnaround
The team developed a recruitment and retention plan to improve the retention rates in the maternity unit.
The project reduced the number of agency staff by more than half and cut agency costs from £100k per month in 2016 to £30k as of June 2017.
Judges felt that this team achieved tremendous improvements in a short period of time using a patient and team focused approach to quality improvement.
- Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals Trust, Transforming A&E Medical staffing, using annulistaion, self rostering and novel clinical fellow posts – HIGHLY COMMENDED
- CBC Health Limited, Pharmicus Hub @ CBC Health
- East Sussex HealthCare Trust, ‘Doctors’ Assistants’ - Developing Band 3 non-registered staff to work alongside ward/on-call doctors
- Health Education England and NHS England and Effective Workforce Solutions Ltd, Developing the Integrated Urgent Care NHS Workforce for the Future
- Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust, Hidden Talents
- Livewell Southwest CIC, Growing our own!
- NHS Blood and Transplant, NHSBT’s Innovative Shine Programme for Leadership Development
- Norfolk Community Health and Care Trust, Talent Management Programme roll out
- North West Ambulance Service Trust, Community Specialist Paramedics
Winners of 2017 HSJ Awards revealed
- Currently reading
HSJ Awards 2017: Workforce