WINNER: City and Hackney Clinical Commissioning Group, East London Foundation Trust, City and Hackney GP Confederation, Core Sport and Clinical Effectiveness Group – An Alliance Model for Primary Care SMI Physical Health
City and Hackney CCG has the fifth highest prevalence of serious mental illness in England, but last year used a collaborative approach to achieve the highest SMI physical health check coverage in the country.
The Primary Care Mental Health Alliance brings together GP practices, the secondary care mental health trust, healthcare informatics, Core Ports (for diet and exercise) and the CCG.
The alliance structure has enabled people and data from different organisations to be integrated and has created a seamless pathway for physical health checks between primary and secondary care.
- Berkshire Healthcare Foundation Trust – Working Together to Deliver Excellence in Mental Health
- Hertfordshire County Council Public Health and Herts Valleys CCG – Just Talk
- Imperial College Healthcare Trust – Improving mental health and well-being using intergenerational activities
- King’s College London and South London and Maudsley Foundation Trust – First Episode Rapid Early Intervention for Eating Disorders (FREED)
- Mersey Care Foundation Trust – Life Rooms Social Model of Health
- Nottinghamshire Healthcare Foundation Trust and Sherwood Forest Hospitals Foundation Trust – Enhancing psychological therapy for cancer and palliative care patients and relapse prevention: A digital health intervention
- Oxehealth and Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership Trust – Digital Care Assistant
- Sussex Partnership Foundation Trust: Hampshire Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service – ICE Project: Inspire, Create and Exchange Arts and Mental Health
- Sussex Partnership Foundation Trust: Hampshire Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service – Professional, Parent and Carer Events (PACE)
2019 HSJ Awards winners revealed
- Currently reading
HSJ Awards 2019: Mental health innovation of the year