WINNER: Modality Partnership and Healthy.io – Smartphone-enabled home albumin screening for people with diabetes
The national GP super-partnership Modality Partnership has demonstrated that the use of home albumin screening for people with diabetes is a cost-effective method of improving compliance with testing, with benefits to patients, staff and the NHS.
Selected patients were offered annual screening using Healthy.io’s smartphone urinalysis kit and app; the test results were then reviewed and patients followed up as required. The service was piloted in 12 GP practices in Hull and Yorkshire.
Seventy two per cent of patients who received a kit completed the test and elevated protein was found in 11 per cent of new cases (indicating previously unknown CKD).
- City and Hackney Clinical Commissioning Group, East London Foundation Trust, City and Hackney GP Confederation, Core Sport and Clinical Effectiveness Group – An Alliance Model for Primary Care SMI Physical Health
- Portsmouth Hospitals Trust – Modern Innovative Solutions to Improve Outcomes in Asthma, Breathlessness and COPD (MISSION ABC)
- AT Learning – EZ Doc: A bespoke learning and development programme to address the GP admin burden
- AT Medics – AT Medics Diabetes Improvement Program 2018/19
- Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health Trust – Care Homes Assessment Team (CHAT): Improving the lives and deaths of care home residents
- Hillingdon Health and Care Partners, Central and North West London Foundation Trust, The Confederation Hillingdon CIC, The Hillingdon Hospital Foundation Trust, Hillingdon 4 All, and Hillingdon CCG – HHCP Care Connection Team: Integrated primary and community care team
- Midlands Partnership Foundation Trust – Innovatively supporting the mental wellbeing of patients with musculoskeletal conditions
- North West Surrey Integrated Care Services – NICS - Creating a digital future for general practice
- NWL Diabetes Transformation Programme/Carbs & Cals – World Foods: The first visual carb awareness guide for BAME communities
2019 HSJ Awards winners revealed
- Currently reading
HSJ Awards 2019: Primary care innovation of the year