WINNER: Cambridgeshire and Peterborough FT – Abolishing Restrictive Interventions at Springbank Ward, Specialist Personality Disorder Unit
Springbank Ward is the only specialist personality disorder unit of its kind in the NHS, say the organisers. It cares for women at extremely high risk of suicide. Physical restraints and incidents were up to 10 times higher than those in acute psychiatric units.
The aim of this project was to reduce the use of restrictive interventions and incidents whilst improving the safety and satisfaction of patients. It achieved a 95 per cent reduction in incidents involving physical restraint and a 65 per cent reduction in incidents, which has been maintained for over five years. The trust has shared its results and trained others in its approach.
Croydon Health Services Trust – The Development of PATIENTEER COVID Software to Improve Patient Safety, Efficiency, and Outcomes
- Coventry and Rugby CCG and Warwickshire North CCG – Geographical Host Policy
- North Bristol Trust – The Reduce Project - A Collaborative Quality Improvement Initiative to Prevent and Manage Haemorrhage During Childbirth
- Royal Surrey FT – Covid CPAP Service
- South London and the Maudsley FT and Oxehealth – Improving Safety in Seclusion with Non-Contact Technology
- Southern Health and Social Care Trust – Southern Trust OPAT Service
- The Mid Yorkshire Hospitals Trust – Assistant Quality and Safety Educator Project