Leeds Children’s Hospital, NHS Diabetes Programme and DigiBete CIC
The Digibete App - 24/7 Digital Diabetes Self Management Solution For Children And Families
DigiBete responded to a pressing need for comprehensive digital self-management support for patients and families with type 1 diabetes. In five years, the app has developed from fulfilling an unmet need to a nationally recognised resource, which at the same time has become a digital education and support tool for clinicians to help them better meet the needs of their patients. Powered by a collaboration with the NHS, the co-designed, patient-led and clinically approved DigiBete Clinica and Patient Support App has been introduced at scale into 95 per cent of paediatric diabetes clinics, with 1,500 HCPs and 23,500 patients now using the resources.
This was a project with an impactful reach, powered by effective collaboration and strong ambition, said judges. They were impressed by the approach to resolving challenges, and the patient focus was clearly a key factor in the success of implementation.
Highly commended: The Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust - Virtual Fracture Clinic
- Alder Hey Children’s Hospital and Isla: Driving Remote Digital Care Transformation In Paediatric Ophthalmology
- Barts Heart Centre, St Bartholomew’s Hospital and Barts Health Trust: Digitalisation Of Electrocardiograms: Service Development From Online Requesting To Delivering Online ECGs
- Bradford District and Craven Health and Care Partnership: Assist BCD - Assisting Bradford District And Craven Beating Diabetes
- Devon ICB: GP In The Cloud
- East Suffolk and North Essex FT: Digitising Personalised Care For Cancer Patients
- SHAPE PCN & Frimley ICB: Digitally Led Hypertension Management
- University of Leeds, University of East Anglia, NHS England, DiabetesTechnologyNetwork-UK, Diabetes UK and Local Maternity Systems: CONCEPTT-2-Care Improving Pregnancy Outcomes For Women With Type 1 Diabetes Through Nationwide Implementation Of Digital Continuous Glucose Monitoring Technology
Winners of the 2023 HSJ Awards revealed
- Currently reading
HSJ Awards 2023: Digitising Patient Care Award