Greater Manchester Mental Health Foundation Trust
BrainHealth Manchester is a novel diagnostic and therapeutic pathway using advanced cognitive assessment, neuroimaging and fluid biomarkers to make disease-specific diagnoses in people living with the mildest forms of cognitive impairment in order to: provide comprehensive risk assessment; provide a personalised risk reduction plan; provide a timely diagnosis of diseases underlying dementia, and reduce the barriers to participation in research.
Together with advanced age-standardised neuropsychological assessments, broad risk-factor assessment and personalised brain health reports, organisers have instituted cerebrospinal fluid diagnostic testing within the mental health trust, modernising the diagnostic pathway for people with early Alzheimer’s. The judges felt this submission demonstrated a truly revolutionary approach to diagnosis in its field.
- Barts Health Trust, North East London Cancer Alliance and North East London Imaging Network: Mile End Hospital Early Diagnostics Centre
- Calderdale and Huddersfield Foundation Trust: Transforming Barrett’s Surveillance - The Role Of Cytosponge In Modernising Diagnostics’
- CMAST – Cheshire and Merseyside Acute and Specialist Trust Collaborative: Cheshire & Merseyside Diagnostics Programme
- Cornwall Partnership FT, Royal Cornwall Hospital Trust and South West Ambulance Service: Low Acuity Chest Pain Pathway
- Lancashire Teaching Hospitals FT: Lung Vision System - Accelerating Lung Cancer Diagnosis And Care
- North West Anglia FT and Hexarad Ltd: Digitizing Out-Of-Hours Radiology Services At Peterborough City Hospital And Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- University Hospitals of Leicester Trust: Endo-Sponge - Sponge On A String To Detect Oesophageal Cancer In The Community
- Whittington Health Trust Community Dental Service, UCLH Trust Paediatric Dental Department and Angle House Orthodontics: Establishing Advice And Guidance Pathways In Paediatric Dentistry To Reduce Hospital Referrals
Winners of the 2023 HSJ Awards revealed
- Currently reading
HSJ Awards 2023: Modernising Diagnostics Award