North East and North Cumbria Integrated Care Board
The #OUCH #ByeByeUTI campaign, urging women aged 16-64 with an uncomplicated UTI to go to a pharmacy for advice and treatment rather than their GP, may have started as a small £10K budget campaign but has certainly packed a punch. Initially supporting a nine-month pilot by the North East and North Cumbria Integrated Care Board, the campaign has delivered great results – with 10,011 women using the service with excellent feedback and a saving to the region’s NHS of £395,434. Not only that but there has been a 47 per cent reduction in antibiotic prescribing - a further saving of around £43,000.
“This is a really effective campaign that uses a creative approach,” said judges. “The team involved demonstrated outstanding results in the target area through collaboration and a comprehensive delivery model.”
Highly commended: NHS Blood and Transplant - Not Family, But Blood
- Kent and Medway Cancer Alliance: #Beskinsmart -Improving Early Diagnosis Of Skin Cancer And Sun Safety In Deprived Coastal Communities.
- NHS England: Solving Together
- North East London Cancer Alliance: Cancer, It’s Not A Game
- North Middlesex University Hospital Trust: #Thisisme - Celebrating Our Uniqueness In Team North Mid
- Public Health Wales: Healthy Weight Healthy You
- Salisbury FT: ‘Cake With Joe And Jayne’ Podcast Series
- West London Trust, Imperial College London and InnerEye Productions: Nexus
Winners of the 2023 HSJ Awards revealed
- Currently reading
HSJ Awards 2023: NHS Communications Initiative of the Year