Walsall Together – Collaborating for Happier Communities
Walsall Together established an ambition to improve the health and happiness of residents through integration. The partnership includes NHS trusts, general practice, adult social care, public health, children’s services, housing, voluntary community and social enterprise, and Healthwatch.
The model is based on national and international best practice evidence, enhanced locally through the voice of citizens. The partnership has delivered impressive results from hospital avoidance, discharge pathways (NHS England national pilot site), enhanced care homes support, workforce recruitment and retention and community resilience. Organisers say they have continually evolved their governance arrangements to support a transition to outcomes-focused commissioning and contracting through population health budgets. This was an innovative submission with strong culture and purpose, said judges.
Highly commended: Humber Teaching Foundation Trust- Right Care Right Person In Hull And East Riding
- Collaborative Newcastle: Learning To Lead Together
- County Durham Care Partnership: Integration, Improvement And Ambition
- Mid and South Essex Community Collaborative: Mid And South Essex Virtual Wards And UCRT
- North West Surrey Health and Care Alliance: Working Together For The Total Wellbeing Of Our Community - Shifting Our Focus From Reactivity To Prevention In The Fullest Sense
- Northamptonshire Healthcare FT and Northamptonshire Carers: Pumped Up: A Community Asset Group For People Living With Heart Failure And Ischaemic Heart Disease
- One Herefordshire Partnership: Herefordshire Council, Herefordshire General Practice, Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care Trust, Wye Valley Trust: Partnership in Practice
- One Weston Locality Partnership: Care Home Hub
Winners of the 2023 HSJ Awards revealed
- Currently reading
HSJ Awards 2023: Place-Based Partnership & Integrated Care Award