in association with and fully funded by Bayer
Adverse event reporting and prescribing information is available here
Webinar: Making every contact count: National priorities on CVD prevention, diagnosis and treatment
14:00 - 15:00pm - Thursday 7 October
This HSJ webinar will discuss the following areas:
- National priorities for CVD prevention and outlook
- Maximising the push for heart rhythm testing at booster vaccine clinics for over 65s
- Ensuring follow-through post testing: confirmation of diagnosis to treatment
- Implications of affordability over lifetime of treatment
Not only has the pandemic caused huge disruption to patient care and resulted in an enormous backlog of planned care across the NHS, it has also resulted in 1.2 million missed NHS Health Checks, according to Jules Payne, chief executive at Heart UK. In the case of heart and circulatory diseases, these missed tests and reduced CVD care during the pandemic will likely mean heightened acute CVD care after the pandemic without major intervention.
NHS England’s recent announcement of a national push for heart rhythm testing at booster vaccine clinics for over 65s is a welcome start in addressing this challenge. Equally important, however, is the follow-through from diagnosis to treatment.
This webinar will bring together an expert panel including the following speakers to discuss national priorities across CVD care pathways, and the practicalities of atrial fibrillation (AF) detection in vaccination clinics:
- Shahed Ahmed, National Clinical Director for Cardiovascular Disease Prevention and Medical Director, System Improvement and Professional Standards – South East Region, NHS England and NHS Improvement
- Dr Nithya Nanda, East Berkshire CVD and Diabetes Clinical Lead and Clinical Director – SPINE PCN, Slough.
- Dr David Hargroves, National Clinical Lead for Stroke, Getting it Right First Time (GIRFT), Urgent and Emergency Stroke Care Work Stream Lead, Clinical Policy Unit, NHS England & NHS Improvement, Consultant Stroke Physician and Clinical Lead for Stroke, East Kent Hospital University Foundation Trust & South East Region, NHS England and NHS Improvement
This webinar event is fully funded by Bayer plc. Wilmington Healthcare/HSJ has worked with Bayer plc to develop the agenda and identify speakers for this webinar as part of the HSJ Cardio Virtual Series. All speakers have editorial control over their presentations, reviewed by Bayer plc for technical accuracy and compliance purposes only. By completing the registration form, you understand that you may be contacted by Bayer plc, via telephone or email, about relevant products or services under legitimate interests. You understand that your name, job role, organisation, telephone number and email address will be shared with Bayer plc for this purpose.
Date of Preparation: July 2021
Register for webinar: