Rob Findlay is founder of Gooroo Ltd and a specialist in waiting time dynamics
It now makes sense for clinical commissioning groups to take the reins from providers
Waiting times expert Rob Findlay on better patient tracking lists.
Problems with waiting times are far from insurmountable - they just require the will to change, argue Rob Findlay and Anthony McKeever.
The local picture on one-year and 18-week waits across England, updated with the latest (March 2013) data.
The number of patients waiting rose sharply in March, and is now higher than in recent years and may indicate waiting time pressures to come. But bed pressures over winter do not explain all the increase
Thousands of patients are apparently missing from the English waiting list. February is 28 days long. Together, those facts help us work out what on earth might be going on.
- Your 18 week waits: February 2013 data
- One-year waits race towards zero
- The English waiting list: not growing after all?
- Your 18 week waits: January 2013 data
- Waiting list 'gap' is growing
- Differences in waiting times in Scotland and England
- How will Monitor judge waiting times performance?