Sarah Calkin covers the performance and quality beat which incorporates patient safety and regulation with a particular focus on the Care Quality Commission. She covered the Mid Staffordshire Foundation Trust public inquiry and the subsequent fallout, giving her an insight into the major drivers of the current health policy environment. She also covers the NHS in the south west of England and is interested in the challenges of providing healthcare in a rural environment.Follow Sarah Calkin on Twitter @sjcalkin and on Google+
- Tel: 020 3033 2791
- E-mail: Sarah.email@example.com
Ambulance services across England are looking overseas to fill gaps in their paramedic workforce as trusts grapple with vacancy rates as high as 25 per cent, HSJ research has found.
NHS England has announced a surprise £60m boost to the cancer drugs fund, bringing it up to £340m for 2015-16, even as it slashes the number of drugs available.
WORKFORCE: South Devon Healthcare Foundation Trust has appointed a new chief executive with experience of integrating care in Northern Ireland.
- Planning guidance full coverage: next steps for the forward view
- Appeal finds NICE decision on £90k breast cancer drug 'unfair'
- HSJ100 analysis – safety and quality: Post-Francis NHS must stay safe without spending more
- Richards: Fit and proper persons test may end up in court
- Dorset's better care fund budget slashed
- CQC agrees half a million pound out of court libel deal
- NEW Devon imposes widespread restrictions on smokers and obese patients