Sarah Calkin is news editor of Local Government Chronicle
- Tel: 020 3033 2791
- E-mail: Sarah.email@example.com
Councils hoping to gain Greater Manchester style devolved powers over health and social care must convince NHS England that the benefits of the move would go beyond integration of the two services, the body’s chief executive has said.
This year’s council public health budgets were targeted for cuts by the Treasury because of a multimillion pound underspend in 2013-14.
Hertfordshire CC is working with two districts and other local agencies on the scheme
Integration of health and social care will help improve services but will not be the answer to the financial challenge facing the sector, the new president of the Association of Directors of Adult Social Service has said.
Shadow health secretary Andy Burnham speaks to LGC following the launch of Labour’s manifesto
Labour has pledged to avoid ‘extreme’ cuts to social care in the next parliament in order to improve quality of care and prevent further pressure on the NHS.
All 172 of Plymouth City Council’s social workers are now employed by Plymouth Community Healthcare
Ambulance services across England are looking overseas to fill gaps in their paramedic workforce as trusts grapple with vacancy rates as high as 25 per cent, HSJ research has found.
NHS England has announced a surprise £60m boost to the cancer drugs fund, bringing it up to £340m for 2015-16, even as it slashes the number of drugs available.
WORKFORCE: South Devon Healthcare Foundation Trust has appointed a new chief executive with experience of integrating care in Northern Ireland.
- Planning guidance full coverage: next steps for the forward view
- Appeal finds NICE decision on £90k breast cancer drug 'unfair'
- HSJ100 analysis – safety and quality: Post-Francis NHS must stay safe without spending more
- Richards: Fit and proper persons test may end up in court
- Dorset's better care fund budget slashed
- CQC agrees half a million pound out of court libel deal
- NEW Devon imposes widespread restrictions on smokers and obese patients
- Exclusive: NHS England delays treatment choices after legal threat
- OOH providers warn over rising indemnity costs
- NHS England restructure: new 'sub region' directors appointed