Sarah Calkin is an HSJ and Nursing Times reporter. For HSJ, she focuses on the Department of Health, the new National Commissioning Board, strategic health authorities, ambulance trusts, pharmaceutical and patient safety. For Nursing Times, Sarah focuses on pain management, older people, wound care, nutrition and accident & emergency.
- Tel: 020 3033 2791
- E-mail: Sarah.email@example.com
Fears over breaching data protection laws prevented Care Quality Commission employees from being named in the “damning” report of the regulation of University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay Foundation, the organisation has said.
All acute providers will be given a rating by the Care Quality Commission before the end of 2015, under plans put out for consultation this week.
Low rates of reporting patient safety incidents in general practice are to be investigated by NHS England, the organisation’s director of patient safety has told HSJ.
- £560m foundation trust dumps payment by results
- Patient safety needs local measures says key adviser
- Tariff changes spark service change in Devon
- Analysed: Community engagement in Mid Devon
- Monitor highlights Cornwall PCT 'lack of transparency'
- Patient safety chief admits NHS 111 likely to have harmed patients
- Healthcare leaders fear 'unintended consequences' of hasty Francis legislation