Sarah Calkin is news editor of Local Government Chronicle
- Tel: 020 3033 2791
- E-mail: Sarah.firstname.lastname@example.org
Hertfordshire CC is working with two districts and other local agencies on the scheme
Integration of health and social care will help improve services but will not be the answer to the financial challenge facing the sector, the new president of the Association of Directors of Adult Social Service has said.
Shadow health secretary Andy Burnham speaks to LGC following the launch of Labour’s manifesto
Labour has pledged to avoid ‘extreme’ cuts to social care in the next parliament in order to improve quality of care and prevent further pressure on the NHS.
All 172 of Plymouth City Council’s social workers are now employed by Plymouth Community Healthcare
Ambulance services across England are looking overseas to fill gaps in their paramedic workforce as trusts grapple with vacancy rates as high as 25 per cent, HSJ research has found.
NHS England has announced a surprise £60m boost to the cancer drugs fund, bringing it up to £340m for 2015-16, even as it slashes the number of drugs available.
WORKFORCE: South Devon Healthcare Foundation Trust has appointed a new chief executive with experience of integrating care in Northern Ireland.
Health economies seeking to be at the forefront of moving to the new models of care set out in the NHS Five Year Forward View have been given six weeks to submit an expression of interest to NHS England
The impact of the government’s drug pricing deal on patient access to new medicines has been thrown into confusion after a pharmaceutical company’s appeal against the decision to ban routine NHS funding of one of its drugs was upheld.
- HSJ100 analysis – safety and quality: Post-Francis NHS must stay safe without spending more
- Richards: Fit and proper persons test may end up in court
- Dorset's better care fund budget slashed
- CQC agrees half a million pound out of court libel deal
- NEW Devon imposes widespread restrictions on smokers and obese patients
- Exclusive: NHS England delays treatment choices after legal threat
- OOH providers warn over rising indemnity costs
- NHS England restructure: new 'sub region' directors appointed
- CCG chief to lead acute hospital
- CCGs poised to defy pharma by switching to cheaper, unlicensed drug