Sarah Calkin covers the performance and quality beat which incorporates patient safety and regulation with a particular focus on the Care Quality Commission. She covered the Mid Staffordshire Foundation Trust public inquiry and the subsequent fallout, giving her an insight into the major drivers of the current health policy environment. She also covers the NHS in the south west of England and is interested in the challenges of providing healthcare in a rural environment.Follow Sarah Calkin on Twitter @sjcalkin and on Google+
- Tel: 020 3033 2791
- E-mail: Sarah.email@example.com
Kettering General Hospital Foundation Trust has agreed to carry out detailed weekly checks on the performance of its accident and emergency department after repeatedly missing national targets.
FINANCE: Monitor has closed its investigation into Poole Hospital Foundation Trust after being satisfied the trust’s leadership is taking “appropriate action” to improve its financial position.
COMMERCIAL: A mental health trust which faced losing business worth £30m due to quality concerns has been named as the preferred bidder for the main lot in a highly contested tender for the services.
- GPs in NHS 111 call centres would be a 'big mistake'
- Hunt safety plans 'will require frontline investment'
- Bristol CCG plans £250m community services tender
- Exclusive: 'Cost neutral' Francis policy has cost £2.5m
- Hunt to launch patient safety 'movement' to halve harm
- Exclusive: Simon Stevens considering new board member
- Cornwall integration pioneer planning county-wide rollout