The attendance at the Value in Healthcare Congress would constitute a significant investment in the learning and development of NHS leaders.
HSJ has launched a new delegate package to make attendance at its inaugural Value in Healthcare Congress more cost effective for NHS organisations.
The congress’ aim is to help meet the specific service improvement needs of NHS clinical leaders and senior managers. It will take place in Manchester on 24 May and has been designed to be different from traditional healthcare events in two distinct ways:
- the content of every session is drawn from winning or shortlisted entries to one of HSJ’s awards programmes – the largest collection of recent and validated best practice in the NHS; and
- each of the sessions features three best practice presentations followed by intensive, facilitated discussion to allow participants to seek the information most relevant to them.
HSJ editor Alastair McLellan said: “We’ve shaped the programme so that it reflects the real world challenges faced by NHS leaders at all levels. It showcases the best examples of service transformation that can be shared and replicated across the healthcare system.
“We want NHS organisations to attend in teams – as that will enhance learning. But we know that money is tight – so any NHS organisation who wants to send more than five delegates will be eligible for a 50 per cent discount,” he added.
Highlights among the 36 case studies include sessions on tackling urgent care patient flow, ensuring financial sustainability, referral management, cancer care pathways and telehealth.
By sending a delegation to the congress, delegates will:
- engage with significant projects which have been delivered by peers operating in very similar situations as themselves;
- learn from these projects’ successes and failures so they are able to replicate in your organisation;
- understand the time and cost constraints involved in delivering various improvement projects; and
- find out how to win backing for their ideas from board level colleagues and other important stakeholders.
Group bookings can be made by contacting Ryan Saunders on 020 3033 2606 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individual registrants can book online at valuecongress.hsj.co.uk/attend
The HSJ editor concluded: “I strongly believe that attendance at the congress would constitute a significant investment in the learning and development of NHS leaders – as well as helping drive up the quality and efficiency of the services they are responsible for.”
- Download the congress brochure here
- Download an exclusive case study on digital solutions to transforming care