This week’s issue of HSJ magazine is now available to read on our tablet app.
Please note: if iPad users have been experiencing difficulties with the app recently we recommend you delete it from the homescreen and download the latest version from www.hsj.co.uk/tablet-app
In this week’s issue we exclusively reveal the shortfall of nurses needed to comply with new staffing guidance, with some hospitals providing a third less nursing care per occupied bed than their peers. Plus:
- BME Pioneers: celebrating the people who have achieved excellence in their roles and championed inclusion in its broadest sense
- Some patients could see delays to treatment as the waiting list for elective operations grows by 260,000 on last year
- One hospital’s ambitious plan to cut admissions by 12,000 within three years
- The chief executive of the Office of Fair Trading rejects calls for changes in the law governing hospital mergers
- Yvonne Coghill of the NHS Leadership Academy argues that well meaning BME initiatives have not fully understood the complexities of race and equality
To find the latest issue, simply navigate to “This week’s issue” on the app, or tap on the cover image on the homepage.