The winners of the 2014 HSJ Awards have been revealed at a ceremony tonight in central London.
Winners included Tower Hamlets Clinical Commissioning Group for CCG of the year, South West Yorkshire Partnership Foundation Trust for compassionate patient care, and Newham CCG for innovation in mental health. Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh Foundation Trust was named provider trust of the year.
The awards are the largest celebration of healthcare excellence in the UK, highlighting the most innovative and successful people and projects in the sector.
HSJ editor Alastair McLellan said: “The 2014 HSJ Awards will be the largest celebration of healthcare excellence held in this country within living memory. The awards champion innovation and endeavour in over 150 NHS organisations, while the 22 category winners have been chosen by 84 judges working over a total of 500 hours.
- Video: Hunt hails NHS for ‘rising’ to post-Francis challenge at HSJ Awards
- Our award winners are inspiration for a sustainable NHS
- Download the HSJ Awards 2014 winners supplement
“The NHS is constantly in the news – and often for the wrong reasons – but the HSJ Awards are a powerful reminder of why Britain’s health services are the envy of much of the world.”
Now in its 33rd year, this year’s event saw a record number of entries, with over 500 different organisations entering.
The awards were created in 1981 to recognise, on a national platform, the projects and initiatives that deliver healthcare excellence and innovation. By shining a spotlight on cutting-edge innovations and best practice, the awards give impetus to improving the quality of health care in the UK.
The full list of winners is below. Find out more about them and continue the discussion on Twitter using #HSJAwards.
HSJ Awards 2014 winners
Acute Sector Innovation
Chief Executive of the Year
Clinical Commissioning Group of the Year
Clinical Leader of the Year
Clinical Research Impact
Compassionate Patient Care
Enhancing Care by Sharing Data and Information
Improved Partnerships between Health and Local Government
Improving Care with Technology
Improving Efficiency through Technology
Improving Environmental and Social Sustainability
Innovation in Mental Health
Managing Long Term Conditions
Primary Care and Community Service Redesign
Primary Care Innovation
Provider Trust of the Year
Secondary Care Service Redesign
- ALDER HEY CHILDREN'S FOUNDATION TRUST
- Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- East of England
- GREAT ORMOND STREET HOSPITAL FOR CHILDREN FOUNDATION NHS TRUST
- Health Education England
- HERTFORDSHIRE PARTNERSHIP NHS TRUST
- HSJ Awards
- LANCASHIRE TEACHING HOSPITALS NHS FT
- NHS Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire CCG
- NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney CCG
- NHS Newham CCG
- NHS Tower Hamlets CCG
- Northern Ireland
- PORTSMOUTH HOSPITALS NHS TRUST
- South Central
- South West
- SOUTH WEST YORKSHIRE PARTNERSHIP NHS FOUNDATION TRUST
- UNIVERSITY HOSPITALS BIRMINGHAM NHS FOUNDATION TRUST (formerly HEFT)
- WEST HERTFORDSHIRE HOSPITALS NHS TRUST
- West Midlands
- WIRRAL UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL NHS TRUST
- WRIGHTINGTON, WIGAN AND LEIGH NHS TRUST
- Yorkshire and the Humber