- Jaime Puente, a staff grade doctor at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, was rewarded for his work ethic and upbeat manner as well as his skills.
- Luminita Georgescu, a specialist biomedical scientist in immunology at Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals Foundation Trust, was nominated for tireless innovative thinking and morale-boosting enthusiasm.
- Eibhlin Collins, a practice nurse at Camden Health Improvement Practice, is said to have made a major impact on the health of homeless people with her compassion and skill.
- Maggie Galbarczyk, a psychological wellbeing practitioner at the Black Country Partnership Foundation Trust, was praised for her knowledge, skill, sparkle and drive, and for not being held back by her blindness.
- Francesco Muntini, a consultant paediatric neurologist at Great Ormond Street Hospital, was described as a leading light who has developed pioneering treatments for children with complex conditions.
- Claudine De Munter, paediatric intensive care consultant at St Mary’s Hospital in London, drove simulation care using baby simulators and has been described as a great teacher and innovator.
HSJ Awards 2016 winners revealed
- Currently reading
HSJ Awards 2016: EU Award